A little bit about me



My name is Shabgol, and I was born in Tehran, Iran. I moved to Canada as a child in the late 80s, and was raised in Montreal and Laval. I was always passionate about the traditional Persian food that my family used to cook for me, but at one point in my life, I decided that I no longer wanted to eat meat.  Unfortunately, many of the dishes I craved involved some form of animal product…

So I decided to modify some recipes, and turn all of these popular Iranian dishes TOTALLY VEG! I will share this deliciousness with the world! I’d also hope to show other Iranian people that grew up on these foods like me, that they can still have all of their favourite foods without the meat, but still get the proteins needed for a healthy mind and body.

My current field of work is in animal welfare, I love rescuing animals and it has become my passion in life.  I am inspired and motivated by animal well-being, and the protection of the environment in general.

I created this blog to show you all the different recipes that I make at home. Just follow along, most of them are super easy!

I will open your eyes to the possibilities of authentic vegan Persian food.


Bon appétit! / نوش جان


Comments